Monday, April 6, 2009

Florida Pics- Finally

We ate lunch at Hooters one day per the girls request which I thought was kind of odd but whatever. Yes there were girls in tight little shorts and tanks with their girls but they were overly hanging out like I expected. See this Bumps sign, I bought that for G and his man cave. It's setting here in the den and will probably never get put up but ya know, we can at least say we have one now. The fountain in front of the Hard Rock Hotel. You should have seen the cars at the lobby. When we pulled in they should have know we where just passing through in the ole' land yacht. They made us feel good and tried to get us to stop for valet parking but we just pointed that we were just looking.

The Universal sign between the two parks. Must have been this groups meeting spot cause they were going anywhere anytime soon.
Looking across the pond to the city part of the parks.
Hard Rock Cafe.. Some of the parents ate there before the one competition. Have ya ever been to a Hard Rock? I have in Chicago, New Orleans, Louisville, Gatlinburg, New York and their employees always seem to come from a different planet. They always have Mohawks in different shades, weird piercings and just far out there makeup and dress, but they always seem to be the nicest kids. Well in Orlando there was none of that "weird, I hope it's just a phase thing" They all seemed to be just normal kids. One of the other parents even said what happened to them, they're normal.
This was in the Jurassic Park Discovery Center.
Just looking over the bridge between the parks.
These little guys were everywhere around our pool and of course I had to chase them down for a photo shoot.

One of the downtown street of Universal. We were waiting on the Mardi Gras parade.
Mardi Gras or the feel of New Orleans is not complete without a beignet. I saw the stand so after dinner when everyone got dessert I said no I am heading over there.. I bought them and ate one just to say I did and then the dance monster finished them off. I don't know if it was because we weren't really in New Orleans or because it wasn't 4 am and I was drunk off my butt but they did not taste the same. I was disappointed, I really wanted them to bring back memories of 1987. It was weird because two nights before I had a dream about them. I didn't even know they were celebrating Mardi Gras until I got to the park that night but I had this dream.
While we waited for G and a monster to get off a ride we sat on the curb and watched people. That's my favorite thing to do. I don't know why but I really enjoy watching everyone. But I saw this tree and thought it would be neat to have this at home. It will never happen but I can dream.

That's it for pics. I forgot my camera cable at home so I was skimping on pics. Normally I would have taken thousands but not this time. I should have just bought one but maybe next time.
~Cathy

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Cool pics. Sure would love to be in Florida right now.

fdfsfaf said...

dfkjwler