Monday, August 18, 2008

Changing your template

1. Open internet browser
2. Go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
3. Pick free templates and search for the one you like.
4. Click on that one and the code will come up.
5. Highlight the code and right click and copy.

In another browser open your blog and sign in.
6. Go to layout and then pick new template.
7. Click on one of the top left templates, Minima (any color- they all have a different colors of text but you'll be changing that.
8. Save the one you want. It doesn't really matter which one you choose.

Then go to layout
9. Add a gadget
10. Choose html/java script
11. Name the title- I name mine the cutest blog on the block so I can find it in my list of junk.
12. Paste the code in the body.
13. Then save

14. Under layout go to fonts and colors
15. Pick the colors that match you new background
16. Save
17. Then view your blog.. it should come up with the first background color you chose and then flip over to your new cute blog.

3 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Thank you, thank you!! I got it! Now I just have to replace all my widgets. ;o) Oh, yeah, and do you know how I can make my columns wider? I would really like to get my sidebar moved over, but I am sure that will be a whole new ordeal in itself!

For the sig, I think if you click on mine it will take you to the place I made it. There you can enter the text you like, and pick a style. And there are directions at the end (after you generate the code) to where you should insert it.

I will look for where I saw the post on the 3 columns.

*Lissa* said...

http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/02/three-columns-blogger-template.html

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What? You didn't like the moobs? Or did you have MOOB envy?? :)

Hallie :)