Friday, August 8, 2008

Meet Baxter Bean



This is my baby boy, he was named after Raven Baxter from Disney's "That's So Raven." His mother Lili Mae Hurricane was a stray that found us one day during Hurricane Lili and she turned out to like the men. After we found out she was pregnant my son and I made her a box to deliver in. I thought if I pointed this out to her that maybe she wouldn't crawl under a bed and go to town. We showed her which closet the box would be in and I made sure to leave the door was propped open incase the day came and I wasn't paying attention. We put her in there about 3 times and I had a long talk with her that this was new state of the art delivery room and she would be very comfortable. On March 17, 2003 I couldn't find her so I looked into the box. Now she had never got into the box by herself, as soon as we would put her in she would jump out. So this was a big surprise to find her in the closet that day. Anywho, I guess after I disturbed her she decided she needed that last cigarette and a sip of water so she jumped out and headed for the kitchen. I watched her and we exchanged a few words of how she was doing and why today was she in the box... She of course mumbled something and went back in.. Hmmm? The she got back out and grabbed a couple quick bites of food and then ...
It's almost 8am and bed is calling me, so I will finish later.

2 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Great picture and storytelling! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my he is really cute!