Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ike VaCA

Well I am forced to take a vacation this week due to the fact that Ike decided to visit Ohio and throw off all from living a normal life. Our electric went out Sunday around noon or 1pm.. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time cause usually it's a temporary thing. Then we woke up this morning to find the electric was still off and the damn sump pump battery back was STILL chirping it's agonizing sound of a wild animal dying a slow death. The first report advised electric would be back on at 9 am.. yeah.. then after realizing we had misunderstood the recording stating that it was 9 am tomorrow morning we stepped back and said "SHit" Oh, but there's more.. Now the recording says Sept 20th.. OMG. We were not ready for this but we are thankful that it didn't rain buckets to cause flooding basements and that it's not freezing cold out with no heat. So let me just say. Although Ike you have disrupted our lives for a few days we will be okay.

But for all my peeps that read or don't read this blog.. I will return with pictures of storm damage as soon as I can download my camera.. I am at work right now and just wanted to check it and say: "I'll be back"

3 comments:

Michele said...

Egads... that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Okay, well, stay safe and we'll see ya when you get back!
~Michele~

Rosemary Q said...

I would have said Shit too! Maybe even more...Hope you get your electricity turned back on before the 20th. Go away Ike!

Unknown said...

Wow. I will pray for you and your family tonight! I can't wait to see your pictures. Blessings!