Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sky Watch #11

Dreary day in the good ole' United States. I took this picture of the clock tower downtown the day McCain and Palin came to town. I went into work at midnight the night before and noticed the road was closed down. I walked up town around 1:30 am and met up with our road units on foot patrol. There were about 50 people sleeping under a tent.. how crazy. By the time we got off at 8 am the line was formed for blocks around the city. Usually Police Department employees are low on the list but that day we skipped the lines and walked right in..well after receiving the eagle eye from the secret service, by the skin of our teeth we made it ..lol... We had worked all night, I had Baby (the camera) with me and was not prepared to stand in the pouring down rain for 4 hours so we checked things out and left. I crawled into bed and didn't think another thought about it.
~Cathy

14 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Great photo Cathy, I love that old clock tower and the flag on top is icing on the cake. Intersting about the event, after working so hard I think I would have gone to bed too.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

awesome fantastic photo!

bcmomtoo said...

I really like your photo, and the story, too. I would have gone home and gone to bed, too.

Sorry I never got back to you about the moon photos last week. What settings do I use? Usually I just set my camera on Auto, point and shoot. I do have 12x optical zoom, and then I use the digital zoom, too to get in close to the moon. I never used to use the digital zoom, and I was so frustrated that I couldn't get in close to the moon. Then one of my Flickr friends posted a moon photo and mentioned that she had used full digital zoom. I tried it, and it worked!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely photo!

Pretty Life Online said...

Nice catch..... Great job! Reminds me the saying,,,, We never know how high we are, till we are called to ris; and then, if we are true to plan, our statures touch the sky... Happy Skywatch! Hope you can visit my SWF entry too...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of the clock against the blue sky :)

Louise said...

BEAUTIFUL SWF photo! I love the black and white, and the clock tower is perfect. Excellent capture!

Dewdrop said...

I love the feel of this shot. Such a charming capture. Love the B&W. Good luck to your son tomorrow, some phenomenal sky captures of him on his bike.

A Blog In The Rough said...

that is one gray sky! Neat clock tower too, much neater than McCain and Palin if I say so myself!

Traci said...

Cathy,

I love this picture!!! Good one.

Leslie: said...

Nice Shot, Cathy. You should pop over and see my photo today as I'm talking about seasonal affective disorder. Your "dreary day" title caught my eye. ;)

Fish Whisperer said...

Great clock tower and good choice for B/W.
Cheers

Celeste said...

Great shot! It works so well in black and white, very atmospheric.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot - I love the contrast. And I really enjoyed looking at all of your other photos, too! What an exciting life!