Saturday, February 28, 2009

Answers Part 3

Part 3 to answers about me.

Lissa asked how G and I met.
Well ya see I know this couple. The husband (Scott) kept telling me that I needed to meet one of his friends. I was dating someone else at the time and was not interested. One Friday afternoon I received a phone call from Scott. He said that they were having a gathering that night and wanted me to come out. I agreed to go and then I found out "this guy" was going to be there. I met this guy, I had a really good time learning a new card game and then went on my way. Two weeks later they had another card night. I went out. That night their friend "G" wasn't there. They went on to explain that he had just had his divorce finalized the Monday after I met him. Oh, I was mad. I know for a year Scott had been trying to get me to go out with him and come to find out he was even divorced yet. I then went out to their house when I wanted, I didn't really care if he was there cause I wasn't getting involved in the post divorce drama.. well let me say that never ends but anyways. I just did my thing. I saw G here and there and we talked about common stuff and that was it. About 6 months later I had just crawled in to bed around 10 pm when my phone rang. I couldn't even think of who would be calling me. I answered and it was G. We went out that Saturday night and the rest is history. I did ask him why he waited so long and he explained. He was newly divorced, had two daughters almost or full time, he was finishing his basement, work, school, and he just needed time to be "free" I understood and now we are together. The End. ~Cathy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love happy endings.

-FringeGirl

*Lissa* said...

Awwww... love it! ;o)

Justine said...

Sounds to me that G is a smart man,, waiting all those months to get his stuff together, before starting a relationship with you. Excellent story!

Justine :o )

Jen said...

what a good story. thanks for sharing.