Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's in your basket?

With Easter coming fast G and I took a trip to Easter Bunny land aka Wal-Mart to gather our chocolate eggs. The last few years we have been in Gatlinburg for Easter morning but this year we are staying home. Last year I toted baskets and goodies to keep 6 rowdy kids busy on the down time. I bought the 3 boys Styrofoam airplanes and paddle ballsand the 3 girls bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Well I should have bought them all the same thing. There was a fight, the girls wanted to fly the planes off the balcony of the cabin, the boys blew bubbles (so they could jump through them.) Anyways this year I didn't buy all of the fun stuff. We got the kids stuff that they wanted and I won't expose that yet in case one of the monsters checks my blog.. I know, I know, only one of them reads it once in a while but the other two could care less.
So here is my question-
What shows up in your monster's Easter baskets?
Do they look like this? Mine don't.. this one looks like you need to schedule an dentist appointment next week.
A co-worker just asked if the kids eat chocolate.
My reply- Well, I think there is still Halloween candy in the cookie jar and D just found his stockpile of Christmas candy from 2007..yes 2007. He gets his basket, Halloween bag, or stocking and then he runs upstairs and stashes is in a secret place and finds it a year later.. I'm surprised we don't have bugs running around. We don't...

Our annual basket consists of-
Egg shaped gum that turns to sugar and then sticks to your teeth
Reese's Eggs
Malted milk eggs
Chocolate eggs
Chocolate bunny that never gets eaten.
Pez- I usually just buy the refill, cause they don't use the dispenser
and of course what Easter is complete without Peeps.. They eat about one and then they lay around and get hard.. I'm sure they will be launched out of a bedroom window at someone.
Gourmet Jelly Belly Jelly Beans- I get the Juicy Pear ones..yummo
That's all I can think of now but I'm sure there's more. Oh Oh,, Cadbury eggs.. with slimy middles. Yes, Cadbury eggs.
~Cathy

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I haven't done baskets for several years for the girls, but I plan to this year. What's in it? Not sure yet. I'll let you know later.

Gill - That British Woman said...

we never had Easter baskets, its a North American thing, not a British thing. We just bought the kids an Easter egg each.

Gill in Canada

Justine said...

First, let me say I'm confused. In your profile it says you have 3 monsters. Here, you said you have 3 girl and 3 boy monsters. I'm totally confoosed now!
Let's see... I just did the Easter basket shopping the other night, but I doubt I can remember everything.
Cadbury's, Reeses eggs, Whoppers, peeps, Jelly Belly, a small chocolate bunny each, ring pops... I think that might be it for candy.
Madison is getting a yoyo, a bunny Littlest Pet Shop, a cone/ball/toss thingy, body spray.

Mikayla is getting a yoyo, sparkly body powder, body spray, a frisbee (so she can play with Strudel)... I think that's it. How'd I do?

Justine :o )